Who Are We?
We are a group of students from the University of Sussex and the University of Brighton. Our vision is of a student led initiative for affordable housing, democratic living and long term sustainability.
What Is A Housing Co-operative?
A housing co-operative is a model of housing whereby tenants, who make up the members of the co-op, have control over the property they call home. Through the co-operative’s ownership of the property, members are directly responsible for running it.
SEASALT Housing Co-op follows the 7 co-operative principles. We aim to build a community in our home whilst being a positive addition to the local community.
- Brighton & Hove is regarded as a ‘co-op hotspot’ with many well established housing co-operatives.
- This will be the first student led housing co-operative in Sussex.
- Housing co-operatives offer both affordable AND high quality housing.
- By using alternative properties the housing co-operative will not be putting additional pressure on existing family housing stock in the city and driving rental prices up.
- This is your chance to be part of an incredible journey changing the future of student housing.